My official Boston Marathon training begins on October 27. I received a training plan from Bill (my coach) today. The first couple of months are relatively easy before I expect to pick up the pace. In the meantime, I am also finalizing the races I want to do before Boston. A few 5k, 10k and half marathons before Boston and I should be ready. Here is a quick (tentative) list:
- November 27 >> Life Time Turkey Day 5k
- January 3 >> Going the Distance 10k
- January 18 >> PF Chang’s Marathon (Half)
- February 28 >> Phoenix Marathon (Half)
- April 20, 2015 >> Boston Marathon
I also sent in my application for the Berlin Marathon (September 27, 2015). Berlin is one of the Marathon Majors and has a lottery system to get in. If I get in, I will surely race it. If not, I will reapply next year.