Adele wasn’t teaching the cardio-sculpt class today. We had a substitute and she wasn’t quite as tough as Adele. It wasn’t as much fun either. It was a mixture of 3 exercises (cardio, weight and strength) repeated 3 times lasting about 12 minutes. We went through this 4 times with the last 10 minutes for cool down. It just wasn’t very exciting!
The New York Marathon is now 102 days away. Since I don’t have an official coach anymore, I have created my own training plan that will start right after my blood test on August 7. The basic format of the plan is as follows:
- MONDAY: Stretch and ab work (1 hour)
- TUESDAY: Intervals (Cardio Blaster, Speedplay or Cardio Sprint)
- WEDNESDAY: Spin for about an hour
- THURSDAY: Tempo run (ranges from 50 minutes to 7 miles)
- FRIDAY: Rest day or an easy swim
- SATURDAY: Long run (ranges from 8 miles to 20 miles)
- SUNDAY: Either crosstrain (mix of swim, bike, run, strength, yoga) or race
The funnest day is shaping up to be Tuesday. I will blog about details on the 3 different trainings for Tuesdays in the next few days.