On Thursday, I ran a “Pace Booster” run designed to build stamina and lactate threshold tolerance. After starting easy for the first 15 minutes, I ran 3 intervals of 10 minutes each with 2 minutes easy recovery. The first 2 intervals were at a steady-state pace (around 7:40 per mile) and the 3rd interval was at tempo pace (around 7:20 per mile), before cooling down for 12 minutes for a 60-minute run.
Today (Sunday), my long run was 15 treadmill miles!
I haven’t been to a baseball game in eons. That changed yesterday. We went with Mitch and Nancy to see the Diamondbacks beat the Colorado Rockies 6-2. I’m not into baseball but after devouring a tasty bratwurst with lemonade followed by a whole bunch of popcorn, I had a good time. The game was followed by a hearty dose fireworks! It’s July 4th weekend after all.
Chicago Marathon Week 2 Training Recap:
- Monday, June 26, 2017: Cardio Strength | 32 mins | The Village
- Tuesday, June 27, 2017: Easy Run | 6 miles | 50 mins | Treadmill (The Village) |
- Wednesday, June 28, 2017: Rest Day
- Thursday, June 29, 2017: Pace Booster Run with 3 repeats times 10 min (first 2 at Steady State, last 1 at Tempo) | 7.4 miles | 60 mins | Treadmill (The Village)
- Friday, June 30, 2017: Rest Day
- Saturday, July 1, 2017: easy Bike Ride | 19 miles | 1:04 hrs | Cyclologic Group B (returned back solo)
- Sunday, July 2, 2017: Long Run | 15 miles | 2:04 hrs | Treadmill (The Village)