After using it for a few months with mixed results, I finally decided to open the manual. To my pleasant surprise, it has a “Bird Watching” mode and also has time-lapse mode. I’m excited to try out both features! I can’t belive I didn’t even know!!
Here is the only picture I have taken so far in bird-watching mode! This is a male Goldfinch perched on a Japanese Orchid tree (it’s not really a Japanese Orchid, but that’s how they sell it here in Arizona).
Anyway, Chicago training week 3 concluded today. After tragically watching Richie Porte get knocked out of the Tour de France this morning, I went to the gym and ran 17 miles on the treadmill for my long run of the week. It remains hot outside but there is a hint of moisture in the air. Over the past couple of days, it has been cloudy and windy. The last few miles of my bike-ride yesterday with Cyclologic Group B (total of 37 miles) were scorching hot. I couldn’t wait to get it over with so I could come home and take a long nap!
As you can see from the following, training is going well.
- Monday, July 3: Rest Day
- Tuesday, July 4: Easy Run | 7.2 miles | 1 hour | Treadmill (The Village)
- Wednesday, July 5: Easy Bike Ride | 20.16 miles | 1:12 hrs | Airpark Bikes Group C
- Thursday, July 6: Yasso 800s x 8 and 200 x 3 strides | 8.39 miles | 1:06 hrs | Treadmill (The Village)
- Friday, July 7: Rest Day
- Saturday, July 8: Bike Ride | 37.71 miles | 2:09 hrs | Cyclologic Group B
- Sunday, July 9: Long Run | 17 miles | 2:24 hrs | Treadmill (The Village)